Friday, July 11, 2008

House Construction

Some of you know that we moved into our house last fall, just because we have moved in doesn't mean that it is complete. The summer has brought on multiple projects. Tyson has been eagerly working on leveling the ground so we can get some landscaping in as well as starting to build the garage.
Here is our rock wall that WE have been working on. We as in Tyson lifting, placing the rocks and sweating profusely, while I sit in the red chairs and tell him which rocks to use and where to put them. Poor Tyson! Sometimes I change my mind and he has to replace it. I really wish I could help with the hard labor but those rocks are just too heavy!
One day when I was gone I came home to most of the rock wall finished. I assumed that he just wanted to get it done and I was slowing him down with my picky decisions, so Gavin came over to help him finish while there were no women around and it looks Great! Smart Men!
Here is the garage that is nearly bigger than my house! Tyson just can't wait to get this finished. Ty and his cousin Ryan started one Saturday morning and worked all day to get this far. That has been about all the work on the garage. All the walls are up. Not bad for one day's work!

Next on the agenda:
Get the trusses up for the garage
Pour the cement for the front patio and driveway

3 comments:

Dave and KayDee said...

It's looking good! That's exciting to have some more finished. I can't wait to have our house built.

Lille and Timmy said...

WOW!! Go Tyson!! It looks amazing, and that garage is HUGE!!!! My goodness. Go big or go home I guess. :)

Jed and Stacey said...

Jamie? Is that really you? I haven't seen you in ages.. how are you? I hope you remember who I am or I'll just be the weird psycho girl who wrote on your page.. sorry! I found you on Lille's blog..